Monday, May 10, 2010


I just got home after a nice afternoon with my good friend Kim

Kim is one of those people I can go without seeing for a long time and

when we get together we pick up right where we left off.


Kim and I met when Zach her youngest was almost 4 and Nathan our baby was barely 3


We were all instant friends

Zach and Nathan went to preschool together,

we took them shopping with us and chased them out from under the clothes racks

they played soccer and kim and I sat on the sidelines and screamed,


"get it Zach",


"go nate, kick it kick it"

all our kids attended


each others birthdays and baptisms

This is Kim with her children, Tyler, Zach, Alyssa, Amber and Zach's son, Gabe.

I am so happy that her kids have such an awesome relationship with her. She is a great mom.

THE PICTURE BELOW WAS TAKEN ABOUT 20 years ago

WHEN OUR

HUSBANDS TOOK US TO THE NAPA VALLEY FOR MOTHER'S DAY

(check out these cute t-shirts Kim's even had matching flowered leggings)




WE DID EVERYTHING TOGETHEROUR HUSBANDS PLAYED SANTA ON CHRISTMAS EVE AND WE TOOK OUR TWO OLDEST CHILDREN AND DELIVERED PRESENTS TO SOME VERY NEEDY FAMILIES

(KIM, TYLER, KARRISSA AND I GOT TO PLAY SANTA'S HELPERS)

WE EVEN WENT TO THE MUD BATHS


THIS WAS TAKEN ABOUT 5 years ago


When our children were little we spent every day together,

we did our shopping together,

picked up dry cleaning,

had dinner parties,

shopped for Christmas presents, stayed up all night wrapping them,

We traveled to Utah several years for Education Week at BYU


Our families spent more time with each other then we did with our own extended family.


FAMILY HOME EVENINGS,


VISITS TO THE PUMPKIN PATCH, THE CHRISTMAS TREE FARM, BOATING, CAMPING, PLAYING IN THE SNOW, SAND SURFING IN THE OREGON DUNES


I am so proud of Kim she returned to College after she and her husband divorced and got her RN liscense.

She has raised 4 children who have grown to be awesome young adults.


It's so good to spend time with Kim. She always makes me feel so loved. I am so grateful that we were so blessed to have been able to share such an important time in our lives as best friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Melinda....you are too kind. I am so glad for all the years we have spent together. Thanks for being such a good friend and a positive force in my and my children's lives. XoXo ~Kim
P.S. Thanks for teaching Zach how to swim...God knows we might not have him today with out you...LOL
XoXo