Monday, July 19, 2010

Rascal Flatts

YES, I YELLED, AND SCREAMED, AND STUCK MY FINGERS IN MY MOUTH AND Whistled ALL NIGHT LONG. I DIDN'T EXACTLY DANCE IN THE AISLES BUT I DIDN'T SPEND MUCH TIME IN MY SEAT EITHER. KARRISSA AND I HAD SO MUCH FUN. I THINK WE BOTH FELT LIKE TEENAGERS AGAIN.

CHRIS YOUNG was the opening act. He was AWESOME, then came Kellie PICKLER. Karrissa watched Kellie on American Idol so she was excited to see her. I MADE KARRISSA GET UP AND GO RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAGE to take her picture AND Karrissa  KIND OF STOOD OUT A BIT WITH A BRIGHT YELLOW SHIRT ON AND HER WHITE HAIR AND KELLIE WALKED RIGHT OVER to the edge of the stage AND SMILED AND WAVED AT HER. She waved at my daughter. It was so fun. She came back to her seat just grinning from ear to ear.  Then came RASCAL FLATTS and we were right there in front of the stage. OH MY GOODNESS were we excited. THEY ARE SUCH GOOD ENTERTAINERS. THEY ALSO WALKED BACK AND FORTH ON THE STAGE AND WAVED AT THE AUDIENCE. WE HOLLERED AND WAVED AND WENT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAGE TO TAKE PICTURES. ONE GUY GOT REALLY MAD AND STARTED YELLING AT EVERYONE TO "BACK THE blank up"  There was security people nearby who only allowed the people with tickets in our section to go up to the stage but only to take pictures so we couldn't stay there long. They sang all the songs we listened to on the car ride up to Tahoe, and we sang along. Did I say, fun? It was amazingly fun. Can't wait to do it again.

3 comments:

samnarene said...

What a fun post and great that you got to share this concert with your daughter.

Hermana Whitehead said...

How fun was that! Sounds like you were walkin' on sunshine!

Jane Anne said...

What a great concert to go to! By the way, yes, I think we will be blogging buddies again now that I'm doing it again!