Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day Bruce


The 1966 musical "I Do! I Do!" by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt featured the great love song "My Cup Runneth Over with Love." these words take on new meaning to me as I reflect this Father's Day on the love that I have for my sweet husband Bruce. I am so grateful to have him for my eternal companion.

"Sometimes in the morning when shadows are deep,
I lie here beside you, just watching you sleep,
And sometimes I whisper what I'm thinking of,
My Cup Runneth Over with Love.
Sometimes in the evening when you do not see,
I study the small things you do constantly,
I memorize moments that I'm fondest of,
My Cup Runneth Over with Love.
In only a moment we both will be old,
We won't even notice the world turning cold,
And so in this moment with sunlight above,
My Cup Runneth Over With Love."


1 comment:

Tim and Jeannie Fry said...

Melinda,
I love your new blog! I enjoyed talking to you guys so much last night. You sound great and we love and appreciate you. Keep having fun with your kids and grandkids. I love seeing the pictures! We miss you but are happy for you and jealous too!!!! Love, Jeannie oh yeah- if you haven't realized - Sister Fry ha ha!